Corning Museum of Glass
4/2021 – Present
IT Systems Analyst
Provides technical support to the end-user community for new equipment deployments. Analyzes and resolves users’ problems. Provides insight and suggests policy changes to maintain a secure and efficient end-user community. Offers suggestions at different levels to improve the overall support delivered to the end-user community. Evaluates end-user and IT support work processes and helps automate and streamline. Develops training resources through graphic and video skills to enhance end-user skills.
- Responds to and resolves user problems in a timely and courteous manner.
- Installs and maintains PC and laptop equipment and software.
- Maintains Apple Mac support as needed for specialized roles.
- Supports cloud-based computing for Office 365 and SharePoint technologies.
- Deploys end-point protection for information security objectives.
- Analyzes and resolves problems with hardware and software used by the organization.
- Defines support processes and communication in support of Museum help desk.
- Provisions and supports end user mobile devices.
- Delivers digital signature and form automation to increase productivity.
- Delivers and develops training and guidance to end users as needed.
- Monitors and manages licensing needs for the Museum.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of IT policies and best practices.
- Documents and creates end user training resources.
- Reviews M365 roadmap for technical issues and integrations.
- Participates in professional organizations and conferences.
- Reviews Adobe software licensing and network printing expense to minimize Museum expense.
Kelly Services/Corning Museum of Glass
7/2017 – 3/2021
IT Help Desk Analyst
- Provide technical support to the end-user community for new and existing equipment, software support, and cloud services.
- Analyze and resolves users’ technical problems.
- Offers suggestions at different levels to improve the overall support delivered to the end-user community.
- Take on project work to further Museum objectives.
- Respond to and resolves user problems in a timely manner.
- Provide end-point protection support for the information security objectives.
- Install and maintains desktop equipment and software.
- Analyze and resolve problems with hardware and software used by the organization.
- Monitor the performance and efficiency of Museum IT systems.
- Provide Microsoft policy administration for users and groups.
- Provide cloud support for Office 365 as well as other cloud services.
- Administer the Museum’s intranet.
- Monitor and manage licensing needs for the Museum.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of IT policies and best practices.
- Maintain and support the museum’s learning management system.
- Design and develop accessible video and written IT e-learning training material for staff.
- Document and create end-user training resources.
- Initiate hardware and software procurement activities.
- Design and support the Museum’s forms and their automation.
- Play a key role in the migration to SharePoint Online.
- Have and maintain a good working knowledge of macOS.
10/2011 – 7/2017
I repaired hardware and software issues in Windows machines (XP to Windows 10). I also performed malware removals, diagnostics, tune-ups, hard drive data recovery, installations, upgrades, and operating system installations. Between repairs, I also was active in customer support with several consumer electronics and software titles. My graphic design experience was also utilized to produce brochures to hand out to customers as well as posters for internal company use.
Synapse IT Services
1/2014 – 1/2016
As co-owner of Synapse IT Services, I provided support for various companies and individuals. Services included networking, installing and setting up new computers, downloading and configuring software, rolling out operating system upgrades, creating and maintaining backup solutions, malware removal and recovery, and remote technical support. In addition to this I designed the company website and graphics and maintain all the back-end ticket managing, live chat, and invoicing systems.
1/2008 – 1/2009
I handled customer purchases and returns, stocked shelving units and clothing displays, priced and labeled incoming shipments of merchandise, tagged markdowns, and kept the sales floor clean and organized.
Burlington, VT • 2011-2016
- Associates Degree of Science in Web Design and Development.
- Some education in Computer Information Systems.
Art Institute of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA • 2009-2011
- 63 Credits earned.
- Some education in Graphic Design and Game Design.
Elmira, NY • 2006-2008
Digital Media Arts
BOCES covered Adobe Creative Suite and Autodesk 3D Studio Max.
In addition to this, the fundamentals of digital design such as color theory, composition, logo design, and many other aspects of the industry were also covered.
I graduated with honors and technical endorsement, which recognizes that I have attained exemplary technical skills and a high level of competency in the field of Digital Media Arts.
Southside High School
Elmira, NY • 2005-2008
Earned a high school diploma.